Friday, March 14, 2014

Charged with the Grandeur of God

Today's video speaks to the Divine found in the ordinary, and quotes the words of Gerard Manley Hopkins:  “That the world is charged with the grandeur of God.”  The key to this, of course, is slowing down enough to be able to see how God is in everything around us.

There's an article that talks about finding God in the ordinary - but it also points out that where one person finds God, may not be where you find God.  While one may look at washing dishes as:
In submitting to the lordship of Christ, then, I do not treat washing dishes as wasting time I could be spending doing something "meaningful," but rather as a service to those who eat in my home, as a service to those who would have to wash the dishes if I did not, and as an offering of thanksgiving to God that I have food to eat, dishes to eat it on, and running water inside my home to clean with.  (From a blog on centering one's life on Christ)
 One also has to realize that my dish-washing could be your mowing the lawn, or changing a diaper, or working in a soup kitchen.  Where you find God and fulfillment in the ordinary, everyday grandeur of the Divine will be different from where I find the same.

And in knowing that God cherishes every aspect of the world, and that we are part of that world, what do you think God finds especially to cherish about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment