Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Advent 4

Meditation time:  Think about the following:  "I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)

Really contemplate how Jesus loved.  And while his willingness to die for each of us is certainly the most dramatic expression of love, what I want you to contemplate is how he loved.  Look at his interactions with his disciples, with strangers, with people who looked to him for answers, with people who looked to discredit him.

"Just as I have loved you, you should also love one another."  Can you do that?

"By this everyone will know, that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."  Will someone know you're His disciple?  And if not, how do you intend to change that?

Remember the Presiding Bishop's words:  "We are the Episcopal Branch of the Jesus Movement."  What are you doing to make sure people know that?

Before speaking, think.  Before acting, think.  Before judging, think.  Are you reflecting Jesus' love?

No comments:

Post a Comment