Thursday, March 1, 2018

Lent - Week 3, Day 5

In today's video, Br. Nelson quotes the 5th Chapter of John:  "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me."  He talks about the intimacy we have, where an activity doesn't matter, but rather the person you're spending time with.  There is a matter of give and take - and intimacy with God requires that we learn to listen, and not just talk.

There's a great "comedic" skit that makes this point really well - and goes back to having coffee, that we talked about yesterday.

So in a different way from what Br. Nelson says, "So perhaps the way to pray with this might just be to sit, listen to God, with a kind of expectancy that has no expectations, and ask God," What would you like me to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment