Thursday, February 22, 2018

Lent - Week 2, Day 5

Br. Woodrum has an interesting perspective in today's video, and the verse from John 4:14:  "And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent his Son as the Savior of the world."  He points out that there is no such thing as a "self-made" man (or woman, as the case may be), but rather someone who has asked for and received help at points along the way.

Asking for help can be a terribly difficult concept for some people.  My own belief is that God provided me with an opportunity to learn just how to do that when I had extremely active rheumatoid arthritis, and was not particularly pleasant to be around.  I would ask for help, but was so disgusted with myself for having to do so, that I would forget to be gracious in receiving it, and thankful to the person providing it.  It took time, but God showed me that by asking for help, I was also providing opportunities for others to shine, to provide a service, to be God's hands (or mine at times, as the case may be).  Lessons learned, and God allowed the arthritis to go into remission, straightened my hands, fingers and knees back out, and I have a whole arsenal of new understanding from both sides now, and can help others understand. 

So today, ask yourself: 

What in my life needs help?

Where can I not go it alone?

Where do I need God’s help and love and provision in order to take the next step?

Am I ready to ask for His help?


No comments:

Post a Comment