Sunday, February 25, 2018

Lent - Week 3, Day 1

Br. Almquist emphasizes the closeness of relationship that not only Jesus shared with His Father, but that He would like us to share with Him and with God.  The video talks about the barriers that we ourselves put up and how we might address them.

The verse quoted today is John 10:14, "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father."  Br. Almquist is pretty open and honest about his opinion on sheep.  So, what do you think?

And how about his questions:  How is it that you find yourself a beautiful sheep? What about sheep do you find attractive, tender, inviting? And if you are a sheep certainly the way shepherds understand sheep, how is it that you’re in such abject need, prone to get lost, needing to be defended, and why?

We're in the third week of Lent.  I do believe that we're going to be getting into the tougher questions as we go along.  Think about writing some of your thoughts down, and if so moved, please share with us in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment